The Bridge Centre provides a high standard of Careers advice that follows the 8 Gatsby benchmarks:
- A Stable Careers programme
- Learning from career and labour market information
- Addressing the needs of each pupil
- Linking the curriculum learning to careers
- Encounters with employers and employees
- Experiences of workplaces
- Encounters with further and higher education
- Personal Guidance
Our Year 11 Careers programme offers students a wide and varied offer including work experience and visits to higher level education. We have strong links with local sports clubs, care homes and local solicitors who provide work placements for our students. In addition, Year 11 students visit the local 16-19 Lichfield College Campus to meet staff and students from all areas of the College. Our P.S.H.E curriculum includes regular visits from external employers such as the Royal Navy and the Fire Service.
All of our Key Stage 4 students have a least 3 personalized consultations per year with an independent careers Advisor with the advice tailored to addressing the needs of each pupil.